Durcon is committed to meeting the COVID-19 guidelines set forth by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the requirements of orders issued by regional, state and local health authorities. Our significant, multifaceted response to COVID-19 places the safety and wellbeing of our employees as the highest priority and includes, but is not limited to:
- Communications campaign directed to employees, providing current information and educating about personal health precautions
- Suspension of international business travel and limited domestic travel
- Work-from-home programs for employees that can do their jobs remotely
- Enhanced cleaning procedures implemented at all facilities
- Strict social-distancing policies [that are regularly monitored]
- Signage and visual cues as constant reminders of safety protocols
- Limited access and entry screenings before allowing access to any of our facilities
For employees who are not able to work-from-home and who must continue working in one of the Durcon facilities, we have taken safety measures in addition to those listed above that include, but is not limited to:
- Temperature screening upon entry to ensure employee does not have fever of 100.4oF or higher
- Procedure to be implemented at all locations as thermometers that have been ordered become available
- Recommendation to voluntarily wear a face covering, such as a bandana, scarf, fishing buff, etc., as an added layer of protection
- Surgical facemasks will be available for employees as supplies that have been ordered become available
Voluntary quarantine programs for employees who they may have been exposed to the virus
We have taken every measure to ensure the health and safety of our workforce and continue to look for additional steps we can take to ensure our employee's safety and the safety of the communities we serve. As governments make additional recommendations or update precautionary measures, Durcon is committed to responding accordingly.
Please use the resources provided below as the most current information regarding Durcon's COVID-19 communications and response. This information is subject to change, so please check back regularly for recent updates.
As a valued Durcon customer, we wanted you to be aware of the actions we are taking to minimize the spread of infection, and to ensure we continue to meet your needs during this difficult time. Our first priority is the health and safety of our customers, our employees, our supply chain and all others in the construction industry. We are enforcing the public policies prescribed to prevent personal infection, we have heightened disinfection processes at all of our facilities and we are creating appropriate social space in our facilities.
What are we doing?
- Our U.S. office and warehouse are open to process and ship orders
- We have defined how our customer service teams can help you from remote locations
- We are providing digital tools for our sales team to communicate with you
- We will ship samples daily to meet your needs from our home office in Texas
- We are supporting all our Durcon employees with family members who are ill, who are required to be home where schools are closed, and for those with other family challenges
What are we not doing?
- All domestic and international commercial air travel is suspended
- All face-to-face customer visits are suspended
- We are not conducting our customer/supplier tours in any facilities
- We are not attending any local or national tradeshows or meetings
How can you continue to communicate with us?
- Customer service phone number: 512-595-8000
- Fax number: 512-595-8400
- Email address: email@example.com
This is a fluid situation, and we anticipate that some existing process may need to change in the future. We will keep you up to date as we move forward. Thank you for you continued support; we stand ready to continue providing you with the highest quality materials and the best service in the industry.
Kent Cook, Durcon Vice President
January 6, 2020, TAYLOR â€“ An electrical fire occurred at the roof level of the Durcon manufacturing plant, located in Taylor, Texas, on Saturday, December 21, 2019. The fire suppression system inside the plant was effective at keeping the fire from spreading throughout the plant, and local fire departments ultimately controlled the situation and extinguished the fire.
â€œWe are incredibly grateful for the quick actions of the first responders. Due to their efforts, the majority of the damage was limited to the roof of the facility, and there was no fire damage to our production equipment,â€? stated Kent Cook, Vice President of Durcon. â€œI am also extremely thankful for our team members who have been working around the clock to rebuild Durcon better and stronger than it has ever been. We already have large portions of our operations up and running, and we continue to ship product to fulfill customer orders every day. The support from our community, suppliers and customers has been tremendous.â€?
At the time of the fire, the plant was closed, and no employees were on-site. There were no reports of injuries, and no chemicals in the plant caught fire.
The Company expects to be fully operational in the next 60 days.
Durconâ€™s worksurfaces, sinks and accessory systems are the materials of choice for harsh laboratory, classroom and research environments due to outstanding chemical resistance, durability and non-flammability.
Vice President, Durcon
December 22, 2019, TAYLOR â€“ A fire occurred at the Durcon manufacturing plant, located in Taylor, Texas, on Saturday, December 21st, 2019. The local fire departments controlled the situation and extinguished the fire. At the time of the fire, the plant was closed, and no employees were on-site. There have been no reports of injuries. The cause of the fire is unknown at this stage.
â€œOur immediate focus is on the safety of our people, the local community, and serving our customers,â€? stated Kent Cook, Vice President, Durcon. â€œWeâ€™re grateful no one was hurt during the fire and appreciate the hard work, dedication and quick response from the Taylor, Hutto, Pflugerville and Round Rock Fire Departments, as well as the Taylor Police Department."
Further information will be provided when available.
Durcon work surfaces, sinks and accessory systems are the materials of choice for harsh laboratory, classroom and research environments due to outstanding chemical-resistance, durability and non-flammability.
The consistent quality of Durcon products is the result of well-engineered designs, superior service and top-notch manufacturing. Plus, Durcon adds value through innovation. We continually fine-tune our product and our process in order to respond to and anticipate the needs of this industry.
Durcon is ISO certified and our products meet the rigorous requirements of GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD for Children and Schools and complies with NSF certification for use in food areas.
Kent Cook, Vice President